Friday, June 22, 2007

Only Human

Marlins 5, Twins 4

I would apologize for not updating for a week, but I'm too caught up in agony right about now. As most of you would know, Justin Morneau left the game versus the Marlins in the 8th inning due to colliding with the catcher, whose name I don't care about right now. He walked into the dugout after crouching down by home plate, and was apparently having troubles in the locker room. He was carted to a hospital on an ambulance. The should-be MVP for life was hooked up to an oxygen tank and was seated on a stretcher but was sitting up and alert.

Right now I am listening to sad songs to fit my mood. I suppose the worst thing that could happen would be that Justin would break a rib or his collarbone, or just bruise something. I keep thinking he's going to die. For instance, I was listening to the Dashboard Confessional song "For Justin" which is slightly emo, if you'd like to go that way.

Anyways, I'm listening to the new Maroon 5 CD now so I'm trying to be all happy. (It's not working..)

I don't believe the fans even care we lost. At least, it isn't like we're rolling over in pain. Or maybe it's just me. I keep thinking about Justin. I can't remember anything else from the game except:
1.) Jason Bartlett's fly-out in the 6th when the bases were loaded
2.) Jason Kubel's pinch-hit that allowed the tie, making me think we were capable of winning
3.) Hanley Ramirez homered off of Juan Rincon in the bottom of the 8th, thus sealing our fate
4.) My excitement when thinking Pat Neshek was going to be batting
5.) Qwest Twins Live being a drag

My mind drew a total blank, but all readers (if any) are guaranteed a post tomorrow after the game. I was overwhelmed this week, but the rest of my summer is free and for Twins only. With the exception of some babysitting.

No comments: