Thursday, June 14, 2007

Are You Chipper (Jones) Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

Twins 3, Braves 2

HOE-LEE SHHH-IT.
That was. The absolute. Scariest. Game. EVER.
Never, EVER, do that to me, Twins nation, and/or Mike Redmond AGAIN.

The whole game was a snoozer, aside from the fact the pitching was fantastic. Poor, poor Johan. Pitches his ass off and he never gets any run support. Also, he gives up ONE homer and the game is down the toilet.

But seriously, the only thing that happened in the first 8 innings of that game was that Joe Mauer was slashed in the arm for the second time in the series. This time, his arm was basically cut up the middle. He had to get a band-aid and - yay! - he was fixed.

We're lucky to get out of that series (SWEEEEEEEEP.) with Joe Mauer still alive. I think the Braves were trying to kill him. Are you taking lessons from A.J. Pierzynski or something? Stop your feeble attempts to turn our Mauer sour. When you're up against a guy who gives his sideburns away as promotional items, I kinda guarantee you're going to lose.

Dear Lord, Cuddyer. You gave me a freaking heartache. Torii, you too. Don't worry Justin, I never lose my faith in you. But Redmond: I fell out of my chair and did a victory lap outside in the rain because of you. WOW. Just.. WOW.

Congratulations to the Twins. I mean, how else do you win a ball game but come back and win in the bottom of the 9th? Oh, wait. You get the early lead and don't make the fans shit their pants.

Oh well. It's a win, regardless.

No comments: