Tuesday, June 5, 2007

California Dreaming..?

Angels 16, Twins 3

If you were like me and actually stayed up to watch the whole roughly 3-hour game, you probably were either
A. Crying your eyes out
B. Wondering, "Why the hell am I watching this?"
C. Half asleep
D. All of the above

I, a mere 14-year-old girl who desires nothing but to watch a decent Twins game, was probably along the lines of D. I went to bed around 12, only because I didn't want to listen to Ron Coomer blab about how the Twins need to improve their pitching (like I don't know this, thanks) and their bats need to "come alive!"

From the beginning, I myself didn't really think we were off to a bad start. Boof wasn't terrible
, but he wasn't good, either. We were playing decent; Torii tied it up with his own solo homer, so I was sitting there thinking, "Maybe this isn't going to be so bad?"

My God, I spoke too soon.

Aside from Boof being really superstitious for the first few innings (if you didn't notice, he went out of his way to step over the lines on his way to the dugout), our bats died and were very bleak in comparison to the Angels' bats being ON FIRE. There really isn't much else to say except for Twins: bad pitching (JASON MILLER), 9 hits, one homer; Angels: good pitching, 23 hits, a handful of home runs, and a grand slam.

All ingredients for the downfall of the Twins.

Hopefully they can shake it off and at least make it close tonight. Another 9-12 game, I believe. I can't guarantee I'll be up for the whole thing, since I have an early volleyball practice and I can't sleep in, but I'll watch as much as I can.

Please, Scott Baker. Get a good start. If not for yourself, for my sister. She loves you.
And Twins fans. They want to love you. Prove it to us. You can do it. I guarantee.

No comments: