Wednesday, June 6, 2007

$30,000 > $10,000: Eat It, Lackey

Twins 8, Angels 5

I am not going to say that Lackey is a terrible pitcher, because I would be lying. More so, I am willing to say Kevin Slowey is pretty good. (I'd be trying 110% to prove myself when baseball commentators called me "Slowly" too.) After the first few innings, I'm sure most Twins fans found themselves mumbling "Oh wow, we still kinda suck" to themselves.

However.
Revenge.

The Twins decided to seek redemption for their two losses - one horrendous, the other bad. Words cannot express the excitement I was feeling after watching Little Nicky Punto, tiny superhero, blast a 3-run homer out deep. Cuddy, don't worry, I was likin' you too. And last but not certainly not least in my book, like a cherry on top of a pie, I watched Jason Bartlett, my boyfriend/favorite Twinkie/ohmygodiloveyou!!! player, rocket his first home run of the season out to left. As he circled the bases, I found myself grinning ear-to-ear in spite of myself. I'm sad, yes, but it made me happy.

The game was good today. I have nothing more to tell you, really. Castillo: you're still a superb 2nd baseman, even if you can't catch a simple sidearm throw. You are very, very good. And Nicky P.: You. Are. Amazing. Don't worry, I knew the sun would shed some light on your small offensive slump soon. It just blinded you for a second, you dropped a ball, and it was kind of depressing. It was a tough play. But you got it back and you homered and you impressed a bunch of a people. You're the man.

No comments: