Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Consecutive Wins?!

Twins 11, Mariners 3
Twins 6, Mariners 1

As much as I enjoy all of this winning (all = two games?) I'm really feeling depressed lately. Probably because of a few things.

1. Today during the game Jason Bartlett got hurt with a strained left hamstring beating out the throw to first. I believe Gardy said he'd be a possibility for the DL. Which is just grand, really, for two reasons: one, he is my boyfriend and I love him to death, and two, because he's been very consistent and has swung a nice bat lately.
2. Ramon Ortiz was traded. Not that I like Ortiz all that much - I'm sure he's nice but his pitching has been shaky - but.. I really miss everybody. People like Jeff Cirillo, Luis Castillo, Kevin Slowey; a bunch of other people. Jeff Cirillo the most; Luis Castillo also. I like Alexi Casilla but.. you can't replace Castillo. I know they didn't do much for us - Luis did, but Cirillo wasn't extremely helpful or anything, but they defined the ball club for me. Mainly because I just started getting into the real Twins thing this year, watching the games religiously as of the start of the season, and they were there, like family. And.. they're just.. gone. All we hear is a report and we don't see them again. I can't tell you how many times when I was gone for a week to Duluth, at my grandma's, that I flipped between the Mets game and the Twins game a day after Castillo was traded - just to see him. I miss them all.. too much.
3. Morneau, Cuddy, and Hunter (well not so much Torii, he seems to be getting it back, but shh) aren't doing all too hot. I thought we were supposed to rely on them solely because the rest of the lineup wasn't good? Yeah.
4. The Twins are pulling at my heartstrings with all this inconsistency. 4 1/2 games back, 3 games back, 7 games back, 8...

That's all I have to say. I lost my train of thought.

No comments: